Cypress Cowboy Dressup


If you have a child who will be entering transitional kindergarten/traditional kindergarten in the fall, or if you’re new to the area, we welcome you!

To register your child for the current school year, please visit your school of residence during school hours, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., to begin the enrollment process. If you are able to give us a call to make an appointment, we would greatly appreciate it. Please bring:

  • Student's birth certificate
  • Proof of residency (such as a current mortgage statement, rental agreement, gas bill, electric bill, or water bill with parent's name and address)
  • Student's record of immunizations

During summer break, we close our school offices until approximately two weeks before school reopens. During this two week period office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., closed for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.


California state law requires complete immunization for all students before attending school. Please make arrangements for immunizations with your family physician or the local health department. For more information about the next local health department clinic, you may contact the Tulare County Immunization Department at (559) 685-5725.

Transitional & Traditional Kindergarten Registration (2020/2021)

Children turning five years old by September 1 will register for traditional kindergarten, while children turning five between September 2 and December 2 will register for transitional kindergarten.  Please complete the registration packet below, the online student registration, and make an appointment with your school of residence to complete the registration process.

The 2020/2021 registration for Transitional Kindergarten and Traditional Kindergarten will be held in February of 2020 (prior to the year your child will enter Kindergarten). 

Preschool Registration

For preschool registration contact the preschool secretary, Darlene Valadao, at (559) 685-6500. For more information, including preschool locations, age requirements, and class times, please see our Preschool page.

Preschool registration for the 2019-2020 school year will begin in mid-April. More information regarding the registration dates, times, and location for registration will be available in March 2019.

Transfer Students

Transfer students are students who attend schools other than those assigned by the districts. There is one process for choosing a school within the district in which the parents/guardians live (intra-district transfer) and another, separate process for selecting schools in other districts (inter-district transfer).

If at any time during the year you move to an area outside of your student’s current school of enrollment, you must fill out an intra-district transfer request in order for your child to remain at his or her current school.