After School Programs and Resources
Participating in afterschool programs has many positive outcomes for children. Tulare City School District partners with local agencies to provide a variety of opportunities for children ranging from academic tutoring to athletics. In addition, each school site offers academic assistance beyond the school day.
Children who participate in afterschool programs may benefit in:
- Academic Achievement
- Fitness and Health
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Social and Emotional Development
- Character Development
For additional supplemental instruction, please contact the Coordinator, Community Based Organizations Theresa Beck, at (559) 685-7200.
Regarding events sponsored by the community organizations below, the Tulare City School District neither endorses nor sponsors the organizations or activities represented in these documents. We provide this material as a community service.
B.E.S.T. stands for Bringing Everyone’s Strengths Together. We provide a place where your students, grades TK - 8, can feel safe, increase strength and fitness, expand their creativity, and enjoy socialization. Recreation leaders are on-site to provide arts and crafts, music, movies, games, sports, and special events.
Sites: Alpine Vista, Cypress, Garden, Heritage, Kohn, Maple, Mission Valley & Pleasant.
- 2023/2024 School Year Registration. Fees waived for the 2023/2024 school year Courtesy of ELOP Grant Funding. Registration and completed contracts are required prior to sending your students to any B.E.S.T. Club site.
- Hours: Monday through Friday, after school until 5:30 p.m.
- Serves students in grades TK - 8th
- The Tulare City School District provides transportation to the B.E.S.T. sites if there are routes in that particular area (Wilson and Lincoln bussed to Kohn) and (Roosevelt kids bussed to Maple).
- Online registration
- Student Application
Tulare Parks & Recreation
830 S Blackstone St
Tulare, CA 93274
Contact: Parks & Recreation
CHOICES after-school program is an innovative, results-oriented collaboration with school districts committed to building the capacity of children to succeed. Emphasis is placed on improving literacy levels, closing the achievement gap and raising academic performance, developing positive social relationships, and creating safe and structured environments responsive to the needs of children, families, neighborhoods, and communities.
Sites: Cypress, Heritage, Kohn, Lincoln, Los Tules, Maple, Mulcahy, Pleasant, Roosevelt & Wilson
- Fee: No fee
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 2:30-6:00 p.m.
- Serves students in grades 1-8
- We expect students to attend daily
- Applications available in your child’s school office
- Structured schedule:
- 20 minutes - snack time
- 45 minutes - homework assistance
- 20 minutes - physical fitness
- 40 minutes - math and language literacy
- 45 minutes - enrichment clubs/project-based or service learning
- Student Application - English
- Student Application - Spanish
Tulare County Office of Education
7000 Doe Avenue, Building 300
Visalia, CA 93291
Danny Santana, (559) 651-0155
Boys & Girls Club of Tulare
To enable all young people especially those that need us the most to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens.
- Fees Waived for the 2023/2024 school year Courtesy of ELOP Grant Funding
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 2:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- During summer: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Ages 6 – 18 years old
- The Tulare City School District provides transportation to the Boys & Girls Club from the following schools: Mulcahy, Maple, Pleasant, Heritage (K-5), and Roosevelt.
- Pick up an application at the above-named schools or at the Boys & Girls club center
- Structured program: homework assistance, physical activity, project-based programs, and snack time
Boys & Girls Club of Tulare
948 N H St
Tulare, CA 93274
Contact: Joshua Hutcheson
If you have any questions or would like more information about our program, please see the details below:
Tulare City School District
School Site Supplemental Instruction
Programs at school sites vary based on the need and interests of the community. Tutoring and/or additional instruction is available at school on specified days and times.
Please contact your child’s school to find out what programs are available and how you enroll. These services are free to students in grades TK – 8.
Alpine Vista: 687-3135
Live Oak: 685-7310
Los Tules: 687-3156
Mission Valley: 685-7396