Parent Education University
In keeping with Tulare City School District’s “common expectation” of working with all stakeholders to raise up caring, creative, and confident children, we have created a Parent Education University. Its purpose is to educate and support our parents to raise up their children in healthy ways so that they can thrive personally, socially, and academically.
Dates and Topics
- September 18 - Successful Students: Goal Setting, Organization, Inquiry
- October 16 - Today’s Classroom: SBRC, Testing, Standards, PBL
- November 27 - Social Issues: Bullying, Gang Awareness, Self Harm/Suicide Prevention
- January 22 - Health/Nutrition: Fitness, Nutrition, Drugs and Alcohol
- February 26 - Technology: Google Classroom, Social Media Safety, District Initiatives, District Communication Tools
- April 9 - Parent’s Role in Education: Communicating with the school, Preparing for MS/HS, Helping at home, Teaching your child to read
- May 14 - Celebration
- 5:00 - 5:20 p.m. - Snacks and drop children off for babysitting
- 5:30 - 5:40 p.m. - General welcome and opening statements on the evening's topic
- 5:45 - 6:05 p.m. - Session 1
- 6:10 - 6:30 p.m. - Session 2
We will provide translation as needed.
How to Register
There are three ways to register for our Parent University
- Registration link
- Type: goo.gl/uhaR5G
- Or turn in a registration form
For more information or help with your registration, please contact Kathleen Urias at the district office at 685.7221.